About The Role
Our fundraising team value the support of friendly and enthusiastic volunteers, and welcome support from those who are able to use there persuasive writing skills to help Open Road win new funding that will support us to sustain, increase and develop our services.
We are looking for volunteers to help us develop and write funding bids to trusts and foundations that support heath & well being.
Community based with support provided by the Fundraising Team based in Head Office.
What The Role Involves
- Working with senior managers and the fundraising team to develop proposals and grant applications to grant making foundations and trusts
- Conduct research on trusts and foundations that may support Open Road’s work
- Prepare information about trusts and foundations, including requirements for applications and deadline, for the fundraising manager and senior managers
- Co-ordinate the writing of content for the applications, liaising with senior managers and fundraising manager
- Develop links with local organisations and participate in fundraising opportunities.
- Compose grant applications, ensuring the requirements are met and that the proposal is presented in a compelling way
- Working with the operations teams to provide feedback to grant foundations and trust about how the funding is being spent.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who has:
- A good level of written and oral communication
- Abiltiy to work independently and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Keen interest in the work that Open Rod does
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self motivated
- Good organisations skills
Duration & Availability
We would appreciate any time you are able to offer. We need you to be honest and tell us how much time you can commit to Open Road. The requirements of the role can offer flexible volunteer working, more details to be discussed upon application.
What We Offer You
When you volunteer with Open Road, you join a powerful volunteer community ranging from SOS bus volunteers, Recovery Champions, Women Mentors, Appropriate Adults, Administrators and Fundraisers.
Open Road is proud to hold the prestigious Investors in Volunteers (IiV) accreditation. This award recognises Open Road’s dedication to ensuring that all our volunteers have an excellent experience – from when we recruit you, through supporting you to develop skill and experience, to recognising your achievements. You will:
- Be given an induction and any necessary training need for this role, including but not exclusively:
- Health and Safety Essentials
- Equality and Diversity
- Information Governance
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Unconscious Bias
- Be supported by the fundraising team and received regular 1-1 support session
- Be able to develop new and existing skills in areas fundraising and event planning
- Be able to meet new people and organisations within your local community
- Have the opportunity to make a real difference to service users, and families members who use and are in need of Open Road services
- Be able to claim all reasonable and previously agreed expenses (such as for travel and items purchased)
How do I contact the Open Road Volunteer Team?
For volunteer enquiries, please email email@example.com or call Head Office Volunteer Team on 01206 369782
To apply, please complete a volunteer application form as well as an equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org