Assist with the running of your local Open Road centre as follows:
- Helping to make a friendly, welcoming environment
- Answering telephone enquiries & making appointments
- Basic administration
- Service user support where appropriate
- Supporting the delivery of the Structures Recovery Programme
- Attending volunteer meetings and training
- Operating the Needle Exchange and correctly following all the Needle Exchange policies and procedures
What skills are we looking for in a volunteer?
- Relate to the issues and challenges faced by service users
- Respect and understand the need for confidentiality
- Be an effective communicator & demonstrate good interpersonal and listening skills
- Identify and understand risk situations
- Be willing to undertake training and continuing development
- Agree to the hours allocated for the volunteer
Where can I be an Recovery Volunteer?
Plus outreach locations across Essex.
How much time do Recovery Volunteers need to give?
A minimum of ½ day (or evening); up to a maximum of 3 days per week.
How do I contact the Open Road Volunteer Team?
For volunteer enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Head Office Volunteer Team on 01206 369782
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Open Road, currently we are working within Covid-Secure guidelines that limit the opportunities we can give to supporting and developing volunteers within our Substance Misuse teams. If your interest is solely in the field of Substance Misuse, we ask that you keep an eye on our website or social media sites where we will announce when we are in the position to take new volunteer applications. If you would like to consider volunteering within our other projects, such as the Appropriate Adult Service, SOS Buses or the Women’s Support Service, please take a look at the relevant page on our website.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to welcoming you to the volunteering team in the near future!
To apply, please complete a volunteer application form as well as an equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com