About the Role
The role of the Data Input Volunteer is to input client information onto our database.
Clacton, Colchester, Harlow, Chelmsford and Vange (and other outreach locations across Essex)
- To provide a range of administrative duties including photocopying, filing and message taking
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including data inputting, record keeping, confidential and general filing systems as directed
- To input and update client databases – including client records, assessments, outcome forms and closures in accordance with Open Road and National Drug Treatment Monitoring System (NDTMS) requirements
- To assist the Data Administrator with NDTMS data uploads
- To be aware of the confidential nature of the work
- To deal with all customer contact effectively and courteously and support the promotion of positive relationships with all stakeholders
- To adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures in place at Open Road
- To promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of all individuals.
- All Open Road Volunteers are asked to complete the following training: Induction
- Health and Safety Essentials
- Equality and Diversity
- Information Governance Safeguarding Adults Safeguarding Children Dual Diagnosis
- Effect of Drugs and Alcohol Referral Routes – Basic Understanding
- SMMGP (Substance Misuse Management in General Practice)
- Customer Service
Volunteering for the Data Input team also gives you the opportunity to complete the following training:
- Theseus training NDTMS
- Excel Report Writing
Volunteering for the Data Input team will also give you access to many other training programmes specific to other Open Road projects.
Duration and availability
We need you to be honest and tell us how much time you can commit to Open Road. For this role we ask that you commit to a minimum of 1⁄2 day a week.
How do I contact the Open Road Volunteer Team?
For volunteer enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Head Office Volunteer Team on 01206 369782
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Open Road, currently we are working within Covid-Secure guidelines that limit the opportunities we can give to supporting and developing volunteers within our Substance Misuse teams. If your interest is solely in the field of Substance Misuse, we ask that you keep an eye on our website or social media sites where we will announce when we are in the position to take new volunteer applications. If you would like to consider volunteering within our other projects, such as the Appropriate Adult Service, SOS Buses or the Women’s Support Service, please take a look at the volunteering page on our website.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to welcoming you to the volunteering team in the near future!
To apply, please complete a volunteer application form as well as an equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com