We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to support our fundraising team to organise local fundraising activities and events throughout the year. You will help with community fundraising projects, as well as help with planning events, preparation and making sure everything runs smoothly on the day.
In this role you will be able to develop your organisational, communication and team working skills.
Most importantly, you will inspire your local community to raise funds that will help to support vulnerable people and their families to get the much needed support and interventions they require.
What The Role Involves
- With support from the fundraising team and your fellow volunteers, help create, plan and deliver events and activities to raise funds and promote awareness of Open Road.
- Develop links with local organisations and participate in fundraising opportunities.
- Participate in creating new ideas and opportunities to raise awareness and funds for Open Road.
- Publicise and promote Open Road’s fundraising events and activities within the local community
- Play a key role in educating the local community on the different projects and services Open Road provide.
What We Are Looking For
No formal experience is needed, as all necessary training will be given, but ideally, you will:
- Be enthusiastic about helping a local charity to support vulnerable people and their families
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Have excellent communication and team working skills
- Have a desire to find out more about the work of Open Road
- Have flexibility and the willingness to volunteer
- Keep up to date with the work of Open Road and to represent the charity in a professional manner
Duration & Availabilty
We would appreciate any time you are able to offer. We need you to be honest and tell us how much time you can commit to Open Road. The requirements of the role can offer flexible volunteer working, more details to be discussed upon application.
What We Offer You
When you volunteer with Open Road, you join a powerful volunteer community ranging from SOS bus volunteers, Recovery Champions, Women Mentors, Appropriate Adults, Administrators and Fundraisers.
Open Road is proud to hold the prestigious Investors in Volunteers (IiV) accreditation. This award recognises Open Road’s dedication to ensuring that all our volunteers have an excellent experience – from when we recruit you, through supporting you to develop skills and experience, to recognising your achievements. You will:
- Be given an induction and any necessary training needed for this role, including but not exclusively:
- Health and Safety Essentials
- Equality and Diversity
- Information Governance
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Unconscious Bias
- Be supported by the fundraising team and received regular 1-1 support session
- Be able to develop new and existing skills in areas of fundraising and events planning
- Be able to meet new people and organisations within your local community
- Have the opportunity to make a real difference to service users and families members who use and are in need of Open Road services
- Be able to claim all reasonable and previously agreed expenses (such as for travel and items purchased)
How do I contact the Open Road Volunteer Team?
For volunteer enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Head Office Volunteer Team on 01206 369782
To apply, please complete a volunteer application form as well as an equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com