Location – Gillingham, Kent
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
£23,000 – £23,500 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications)
Closing date 12th August 2021
Interviews 19th August 2021
Being part of the Young Person’s Service in Gillingham, Kent, you will deliver a substance misuse service to young people ensuring that individuals receive the appropriate interventions that meet their individual needs.
What you’ll be doing
As the Young Person’s Substance Misuse Worker, you will be responsible for the assessment and management of a caseload as well as the delivery of both structured and semi structured interventions in both one to one and group sessions. You will be working in a custodial and community setting including group and detached work.
What it’s like to work for Open Road
Open Road provides drug and alcohol treatment services and offender support services across Essex & Kent including a range of interventions that deliver mentoring, advice and information programmes. Accredited with Investing In Volunteers, our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
Benefits to you –
– £23,000 – £23,500 per annum
– 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
– Royal London Pension and Death in Service benefit
– Access to our in-house Organisational Training Plan, and full training tailored to your development needs
– Legal training including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
What you need –
– Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience working with substance misuse, however this isn’t essential.
– A relevant professional qualification.
– Excellent communication, time management and administrative skills.
– Have a clear understanding of, and a commitment to safeguarding best practice.
– An awareness of the National Specification for Substance Misuse relating to substance misuse amongst young people.
– Full clean driving licence, and access to a car.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level. To apply, please use this link to submit your CV – https://hr.breathehr.com/v/young-person-s-substance-misuse-17845
Please note that should you get through our first level of shortlisting, you will be asked to complete an Open Road application form prior to the interview.
For more information, please visit our website https://www.openroad.org.uk/Pages/Category/staff-vacancies
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.