Young Person’s Substance Misuse Worker / Community Liaison Worker
Location – HMYOI Cookham Wood
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Working Pattern – Monday to Friday
Salary / Band – £23,000 per annum
Maternity Cover – Fixed Term for 12 months
Closing date – 12th August 2021
The Young Person’s Substance Misuse Worker will deliver a substance misuse service to young people in custody ensuring that individuals receive the appropriate interventions that meet their individual needs. You will be responsible for the assessment and management of a caseload as well as the delivery of both structured and semi structured interventions in both one to one and group sessions.
What you’ll be doing
As a Young Person’s Substance Misuse Worker, within HMYOI Cookham Wood, you will co-produce and develop care plans with the young people and report on their progress through the review board meetings and liaise with the Youth Offending Team (YOT) workers and community substance misuse workers. Within the Community Liaison Worker role you will provide prior and post release support for young people leaving custody and work with them to encourage participation in license conditions and identify services within their area to aid successful transition and resettlement.
What it’s like to work for Open Road
Open Road provides drug and alcohol treatment services and offender support services across Essex & Kent including a range of interventions that deliver mentoring, advice and information programmes. Accredited with Investing In Volunteers, our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
Benefits to you
– £23,000 per annum
– 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
– Royal London Pension and Death in Service benefit
– Access to our in-house Organisational Training Plan, and full training tailored to your development needs
– Legal training including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
What you need
– Have relevant professional qualification i.e. Youth and Community, Counselling, Social Work or NVQ4 Health and Social Care or equivalent.
– Be able evidence relevant training, understanding and knowledge of low intensity psychosocial interventions including Motivational interviewing (MI) and Node-link mapping.
– Have an awareness of the National Specification for Substance Misuse relating to substance misuse amongst young people.
– Understand issues relating to substance and misuse and young people and the principles of harm minimisation.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level for adults and children. To apply, please use this link to submit your CV – https://hr.breathehr.com/v/young-person-s-substance-misuse-17843
Please note that should you get through our first level of shortlisting, you will be asked to complete an Open Road application form prior to interview.
For more information, please visit our website https://www.openroad.org.uk/Pages/Category/staff-vacancies
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.