Location – Open Road Head Office, Colchester Essex
Hours – 30 hours per week
Working Pattern – to be discussed at interview
Salary – £40,000 pro rata per annum
The Management Accountant is a key member of the Head Office Team responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial management. Responsible for budgeting, reporting on financial performance together with taking the lead on cash flow forecasting, VAT returns, Gift Aid issues and monthly payroll and expenses. The Management Accountant is also responsible for overseeing all company property, liaising with suppliers, and the procurement of supplies.
What you’ll be doing
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for Statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with SORP regulations, and the preparation of the annual and 3 year projected budgets. You will control the management of the Head Office Finance function, line manage the Finance and Facilities Assistant, and oversee facilities maintenance requirements, to ensure that all premises are fit for purpose and meet current Health and Safety legal requirements.
What it’s like to work for Open Road
Open Road provides drug and alcohol treatment services and offender support services across Essex & Kent including a range of interventions that deliver mentoring, advice and information programmes. Accredited with Investing In Volunteers, our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
Benefits to you
– Salary of £40,000 pro rata per annum
– 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays pro rata
– Royal London Pension and Death in Service benefit
– Access to our in-house Organisational Training Plan, and full training tailored to your development needs
– Legal training including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
What you need
– You will be CIMA qualified, part qualified, or equivalent with substantial experience in the development, production and review of monthly management accounts, and fundraising, particularly in the charitable sector.
– A collaborative approach, with the ability to influence service managers, senior managers, and Trustees.
– To be able to strategically plan and monitor all financial matters, and implement plans to achieve continual improvement.
– To be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety.
– Experience working within the charity sector would be an advantage.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Basic level. To apply, please download an application pack, please note CV’s will only be accepted accompanying a completed application form.
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.