(for a charity providing substance misuse and well-being support)
Location – Colchester, Essex
Hours – 22.5 hours per week
Working Pattern – to be discussed at interview
Salary / Band – £24,000 to £26,000 pro rata per annum
Closing date – 15th August 2021
Interviews to be held from 18th August 2021
Would you like a key role in an organisation doing something good for society? As IT Co-ordinator for Open Road, you will ensure the IT that powers us is effective, secure, and economical.
This is a hands-on role with the responsibility of being the internal IT lead for the charity, and the main IT point of contact for both staff and IT service providers, including overseeing our IT support provider. You will be involved in everything IT, from direct, hands-on IT support and troubleshooting where needed, to supporting our senior management team in decisions on IT incidents, information governance, and IT procurement.
What you’ll be doing
As the IT Co-ordinator, you will act as the lead contact with the organisation’s IT, telephony, and website suppliers. You will act as the lead person on technical issues for IT incident response, working with the senior management team as needed, and organise the repair, procurement and deployment of IT hardware, software, and services, including working with our suppliers and participating in tendering of major contracts.
What it’s like to work for Open Road
Open Road provides drug and alcohol treatment services and offender support services across Essex & Kent including a range of interventions that deliver mentoring, advice and information programmes. Accredited with Investing In Volunteers, our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
Benefits to you
– £24,000 to £26,000 pro rata per annum
– 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays pro rata
– Royal London Pension and Death in Service benefit
– Access to our in-house Organisational Training Plan, and full training tailored to your development needs
– Legal training including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
What you need
– To have 2+ years of experience of small/medium business IT support and management in a Windows environment.
– To have knowledge and experience of using business IT software including Windows, web browsers, and Microsoft Office including Excel.
– To have good fundamental knowledge of IT concepts, e.g. networking and internet, hardware, operating systems (including mobile), software and security.
– To be able to work with sensitive personal user data appropriately and in line with information governance policy.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at basic level.
To apply, please use this link to submit your CV https://hr.breathehr.com/v/it-co-ordinator-17652
Please note that should you get through our first level of shortlisting, you will be asked to complete an Open Road application form prior to interview.
For more information, please visit our website https://www.openroad.org.uk/Pages/Category/staff-vacancies
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.