IPS Employment Specialist
Location – Chelmsford
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Working Pattern – Monday to Friday
Salary / Band – £25,000 per annum
Closing date – 12th November 2021
INNOVATIVE PROJECT TO HELP PEOPLE WITH HEALTH NEEDS BACK INTO WORK
Do you understand the importance of work and the vital role it can play in the lives of those with health conditions or disabilities?
Do you take pride in what you do and can you think creatively about how different organisations can work together to deliver a better service?
Are you happy to talk with employers and help match people into meaningful work?
If this sounds like you, then you might be ideal for our new Employment Specialist role.
Open Road’s IPS team aims to increase the number of people moving into employment from specialist community health services.
Working as a team, the IPS Employment Specialists will deliver supported employment to people in community treatment for substance misuse, who may be affected by other health conditions or disabilities, using the Individual Placement and Support approach (IPS).
The aim is to help people into paid work in a way that respects their preferences and choices.
• You will have some knowledge of IPS
• We would like you to have experience talking to employers and helping people into work
• We want great communication skills and the ability to build relationships with everyone from the frontline up to CEO level
• Negotiation skis and commercial acumen
• Drive, passion and commitment
• Proven ability to build rapport with people and especially understanding issues from people affected by substance misuse or similar conditions
• Boundless enthusiasm, excellent teamwork and the ability to work in a target driven environment
• Strong written / verbal / organisational skills
What it’s like to work for Open Road
Open Road provides drug and alcohol treatment services and offender support services across Essex & Kent including a range of interventions that deliver mentoring, advice and information programmes. Accredited with Investing In Volunteers, our mission is to empower a diverse range of individuals, families and communities to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles.
Benefits to you
– £25,000 per annum
– 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
– Royal London Pension and Death in Service benefit
– Access to our in-house Organisational Training Plan, and full training tailored to your development needs
– Legal training including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
Open Road has a comprehensive benefits package. To see our full offer please click here – Working for Open Road – Benefits
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level.
Please submit your initial application via our online system – Breathe HR. Your application should include your CV. Please note that should you get through our first level of shortlisting, you will be asked to complete an Open Road application form. Take time to review the job pack below as the shortlisting will be carried out with the Job Description and Person Specification in mind.
To apply, please use the relevant link and attach your CV
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.