Contract: Zero Hours
Working Pattern: Friday or Saturday nights
Working Hours: 4 hours per night
Salary: £8.91 per hour
|Are you outgoing, confident and motivated to play an important part in keeping the atmosphere on a night out friendly and respectful, and to support people who may be vulnerable?|
We are looking to train and provide Drinkaware Crew venues in Chelmsford to improve our ability to look after guests on a night out, and to identify and support people who may be vulnerable due to drinking too much. Working with a partner, you will mingle with guests to encourage a positive atmosphere, and help guests in practical ways. You will work with security, management and bar staff to escalate issues if required, and will compete an activity log at the end of the shift.
As Drinkaware Crew you can work one or two shifts per week on our busiest nights – Friday and Saturday nights. Shifts will last for four hours and will contribute to a crew covering the hours 9pm to 4am.
You will receive the following to prepare you for and support you in the role:
• 1 full-day professional training
• Drinkaware Crew uniform
To succeed in this role you will need to be:
• In tune with the culture, interests and trends of club and venue guests (typically 18-24 year olds).
• Socially confident, able to chat and mingle with guests and assertive enough to encourage positive behaviour.
• Open-minded and non-judgemental, with good listening skills to support vulnerable or distressed guests, or those who have over-consumed alcohol.
• Pro-active and able to work on your own initiative and with other staff in a busy club environment.
• Resilient enough to cope with verbal abuse and keep calm in challenging situations.
• Keen and happy to attend structured training.
Previous experience working in the night time economy or with the target age group would be an advantage.
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level. To apply, please download an application pack.
Open Road values and respects the diversity and individual differences of our services users, staff and our volunteers.
Job Application Pack