We appreciate and thank you for your continued care and generosity in helping Open Road to provide much needed support to individuals, families and communities within the Essex and Medway areas. Enabling them to lead healthy and more meaningful lives, free from addiction, offending behaviour and disadvantage, to ensure healthier, happier lifestyles. We are part of the Fundraising Regulator, and that why when you donate to us, you can be confident that our fundraising is legal, open, honest, and respectful.
Here is our fundraising promise to you.
We will commit to high standards.
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We will be clear, honest and open.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do by telling the truth and not exaggerating.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible, while providing clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We will be respectful.
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We will be fair and reasonable.
- We will treat donors and the public fairly.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We will be accountable and responsible.
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We will have a complaints procedure, a copy of which will be available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.