At Open Road, we know that taking the first step on the road to recovery is difficult. If you are on this page then you are already demonstrating the ability to make choices for positive change.
Have I got a drug or alcohol problem?
There are many different resources available to determine whether someone has an issue with drink or drugs. Most importantly, is your usage negatively affecting you, your life, or those around you?
Here are some other indicators that your use may be problematic:
- Once you’ve had one drink or a small amount of a drug you aren’t able to stop or you move onto other drug types.
- You hide or lie about your usage to others.
- You have cravings for the drink or drug during the day.
- Obtaining or using it becomes part of your daily routine.
- You can only enjoy yourself socially if you drink to excess.
- You forget what happened the previous evening through consumption or your behaviour whilst under the influence embarrasses you on a regular basis.
- You drink or take drugs to get over the effects of a hang over or come down.
- You have tried to stop using but have been unable.
- Your usage is upsetting you, or someone close to you has raised a concern about the amount you are drinking.
- Your relationships with a partner, friends, family or colleagues has changed since you changed your habit.
- You miss work or appointments due to your usage
- You have realised that your usage has increased within a period in either volume or frequency.
- The amount of drink or drugs that you used to consume doesn’t have as much of an affect any more.
We are here to work with you to achieve your goals
Open Road offers a number of support services to our clients: